- Plan your storage space at Desert Gardens Mini-Storage. Make sure you place the items that you will need access to most in the front.
- Allow room to walk.
- Make an inventory of your stored items and keep in a safe place.
- Assess if your items need an air conditioned storage unit
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier ones.
- Label your boxes on all four sides & make sure they are properly sealed.
- Dishes, glasses & fragile items should be wrapped in bubble wrap or packed in dish pack boxes.
- Large appliances & furniture with drawers make excellent storage places for blankets, towels and such.
- Use protective covers for furniture & mattress sets in storage units.
- Pictures & mirrors should be packed in mirror crates & marked fragile.
- Sofas & love seats can be stored on end to save space.
- Place your stored items on 2 X 4 crates to guard against dampness.
- Avoid placing heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes & hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans.
- Drain all remaining gasoline from lawn mowers, boats, ATV’s, etc.
- CAUTION: At Desert Gardens Mini-Storage, it is against the law to store materials deemed HAZARDOUS or COMBUSTIBLE (such as gasoline, solvents, paint, fertilizer, etc.)